19 Mar 2020 Thursday 06:42
Prof.Dr.Oğuz Özyaral ‘’The basic procedures of protection against coronavirus’’
The health minister Fahrettin Koca’s latest announcement regarding coronavirus (COVID-19) ‘’The Coronavirus cases are seen in Turkey’’ After the announcement, in order to prevent the people from panicking, Istanbul Rumeli University Vice-Rector, Healthcare Specialist. Dr. Oğuz Özyaral said, "The procedures of protection against coronavirus are very simple."
Özyaral put into words about the Coronavirus, which concern the country's agenda are as follow. ‘’After the statement from our Minister of Health, I understand your concern but please don't panic. These antivirus methods are extremely simple and feasible. When we talk about the upper respiratory tract infection, we have to look at what lies at the basis of a viral infection that holds our lungs and system. Normally viral infections can live in the body and living tissues, that is, both in animals and in humans. All of the viruses are transmitted by saliva particles, which we call droplet infection, through saliva. In no way, it is possible to come across a virus on an article from dry material. However, we have seen that this disease can be transmitted by contacting with sick people, is spreading very quickly. We need to follow all the emergency protective measures advised by both the Ministry of Health and the World Health Organization. Currently, the infection is passing from person to person. As long as the problem continues, serious measures should be taken to prevent the disease and attention should be paid to the quarantine system. In fact, The protection techniques are very simple and extremely consequential. ''
The followings are the 10 Golden Rules from Professor Dr. Özyaral to Protect from Coronavirus:
1. Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20-30 seconds.
2. Cover your mouth during coughing or sneezing with a tissue, then dispose of the tissue safely.
*If no tissue is available, you should aim into your elbow, not your hand.
3. Avoid close contact with people who are sick. (Maintain at least three feet distance between yourself and anyone who is coughing or sneezing.)
4. Do not travel abroad unless it is compulsory.
5. If you have the symptoms, consult the doctor immediately.
6. Keep wet wipes, dry wipes, masks and antiseptic solutions in your pocket or bag.
7. Avoid crowded and quarantine areas.
8. Do not go out onto the street, unless it is necessary to do your shopping through online sites.
9. Eat healthy food to boost up your immune system. Eat nourishing food along with seasonal fruit and vegetables.
10. Ventilate indoor living areas frequently, especially in classrooms, workplaces, and homes.
Health mask is used if it is necessary. However, every mask is not proctective for viral infections